When it comes to tattoo needles, too many people let the types and size differences really overwhelm them.
Even with hundreds of needles to choose from, over two-thirds of those needles are simply a variation of the same size needle.
What are Tattoo Needles?
The tattoo needles drive the ink into the skin while the artist is making your design, and depending on the type of artwork, different needles are necessary.
The typical tattoo needles are identified with codes like 1204RL or with names that include unique pieces of information.
For example, the tattoo needle 1204RL might also be named the 12 4-round liner needle.
Regardless the tattoo needles, the coding simply refers to the aspect of that needle, whether it’s for shading, shadowing, or fine-line work.
Benefits of Using Pins and Needles Tattoo Kit
The artist will usually start the job with a tattoo numbing cream, then depending on your artwork, have the different needles all ready to go.
If you are getting a detailed design that involves plenty of shading or gold tattoo ink, the round tattoo needles are ideal because they are soldered around a shaft that is ideal for shading or line work.
The round liners work great with technical work, where there are plenty of fine lines and details. The loose round liners make nice bold outlines, typically found in Japanese tattoo designs.
Choosing the Best Cartridge Needles Tattoo Kit
Although there are numerous tattoo needle kits to choose from, if you are doing a lot of work, the more variety the better.
Some of the larger kits have tattoo needles that run the gamete from 3RL, 5RL, 7RL, 9RL, 3RS, 5RS, 7RS, 9RS, 5MS, and 7MS.
This will ensure that regardless if your customer want as a thick shaded symbol or a tiny string of written words, you will be in the bet position to get the job done correctly.
The majority of these kits come with needles that are all labeled and dated, sterilized, and make of the highest quality.
5 Top Rated and Priced Tattoo Needles for Sale
With so many choices when it comes to tattoo needles, you want to make sure that your kit includes plenty of different sizes, is made from superior parts, and is affordable too.
The following five top rated and priced tattoo needles for sale will have you starting off in the right direction.
1. BI-WASP Premium Tattoo Needles
When you are looking for the best, you buy the best. Considered one of the standards in the ink world.
BIGWASP Premium Quality Tattoo Needles
- Made of superior quality parts, burr-free, sharp, and the essential tattoo needles for professional artists.
- Comes with 50 tattooing needles.
- Delivers more ink with less passes, perfect for line work or coloring.
- Limited amount of needles per kit.
2. ACE Assorted Tattoo Needles
These are the best disposable tattoo needles for the artist who wants to be able to do a variety of work.
ACE Needles 50 Mixed Assorted Tattoo Needles
- Surgical stainless steel design made of highest quality.
- Each needle clearly marked with expiration dates, size, lot numbers, and sterilization dates.
- Individually packed needles fit all machines and disposable tattoo tubes.
- Little more costly than compatible brands.
3. Assorted Tattoo Needles and Shaders
Bulk pack allows gives you more bang for you buck.
Assorted Tattoo Needles Liners and Shaders
- Comes with 100 tattoo needles including RL, RS, and MAGs.
- Shading and lining assortment.
- Made of superior quality.
- Limited amount of each needle due to huge assortment.
4. Dragon Hawk Silver Series Tattoo Needles
When creating a safe working environment is top priority, these tattoo needles are a great deal for the price.
Dragonhawk Silver Series Tattoo Needles
- Huge assortment of different size needles.
- Provides optimal results and control.
- Each needle has EO gas-proof strip indicator.
- Small amount of different sizes
5. Infinity Tattoo Needles and Liners and Shaders
The Infinity needles are a name you can trust in this industry to provide superior results at reasonable prices.
Tattoo Needles Assorted Liners and Shaders
- Large assortment of sizes including 3RL, 5RL, 7RL, 9RL, 5RS, 7RS, 9RS, 5F, 7M, and 9M.
- Offers the artist superior quality.
- These needles are ready to use.
- With so many shading and sizing choices, limited to a few needles of each size in the kit.
Photos from: DennisJacobsen / depositphotos.com, Mikhail_Kay / depositphotos.com.
Articles you may like: